Drive through our safari at the comfort of YOUR vehicle!
You MUST purchase tickets ahead of time online and they must be for the date of your arrival – if the date is wrong, you could be turned away. Anyone who has not purchased their tickets online will not be able to enjoy the park during this time. This is the only way that we can regulate traffic and ensure that each of you enjoy your visit! You can purchase tickets by pressing the red ‘Buy Tickets Here’ button at the top of the page!
We are NOT accepting drop-ins, especially on the weekends! We simply cannot handle it. We absolute hate not being able to let all of you into our park. When we first got started, it was a struggle. We struggled for a long time just to stay afloat. This is the first time in history that we have to limit our ticket sales because we literally do not have the staff to handle an influx of visitors. This is extremely hard for us to do – but, we have to do what is best for our animals, our staff and each of YOU! Please consider visiting us on a day that does have availability – because we would sure love to have you.
Our third party ticket sales has a hard time with Safari users. When purchasing your tickets, please use another browser (Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, etc.). Thanks!
The earlier you arrive, the better – we open at 9am!
We are family-owned and operated – with no outside assistance for over 600 animals and our employees. It is each of you that keep us around. We are so extremely thankful for you even considering us to give you a safe outing during this crazy time! Please remember, what we are offering now is completely new to us, and only temporary! We have all hands on deck and we are doing the absolute best we can! As many small businesses are, we are learning and adapting to changes every single day to better your experience.
Please forgive us if you have a long wait time to get checked in or if traffic gets backed up in the pastures. To do your part, be courteous of those behind you. If it seems that you are creating a traffic jam and cars are piling behind you, you need to pick up the pace! We have no specific timeframes in mind and want you to absolutely get the most out of your experience. But, it is only fair to all of our visitors that we stay moving in a timely fashion!
If you visit us during peak hours (roughly 11am to 3pm), plan to spend a few hours here. When there are a lot of cars in our park, obviously things will move slower! If you arrive right when we open, or later in the afternoon, things will move a little quicker; this is what we encourage! But, we make no promises as far as time frames go.
To ensure your safety, we are strict on the following: (1) No motorcycles; (2) No riding in the bed of trucks; (3) The hatchback of your SUV must be closed; (4) No convertibles; (5) You must have a top and doors on your jeep; (6) You can only entertain the animals from your vehicle’s windows and your body must be more than 50% inside the car at all times. This means no sitting or standing on the windows! (7) Lastly, there is absolutely no getting out of your vehicle! No matter the reason! These rules are for your safety. The animals on our park are not the same as your pets at home. They are tame, but can find their wild side in the blink of an eye and cause extreme injury! If you break any of our rules during your visit, you will be escorted off of the property without a refund!
During this time, our gift shop, public restrooms and petting zoo will be closed to the public; This is to ensure everyone’s safety. The closest public facility with restrooms is Stripes Gas Station in Johnson City (about 4 miles from us)! This is in accordance to CDC Guidelines and out of our control. You will stay in your car 100% of the time. Please plan for this before arrival!
Adults are $16.95
Seniors (60+) are $15.95
Children (2-12) are $13.95
Sacks of Feed are $6 (They are not included in the price of your ticket – If you want to feed, you must purchase some!)
REMEMBER: You must buy your tickets ahead of time online. We are selling only a certain amount to prevent traffic, so do not wait until the last minute to get your reservation made!
When you get here:
- You’ll need to pull up to our gift shop and wait in line to be checked-in.
- A member of our team will meet you at your car window and provide you with any feed you purchase for the experience. We are wearing gloves and masks for your protection!
- You will also have to sign a waiver before entering the park. To save time and to prevent contact, you may print out the DRIVE-THROUGH WAIVER and have it filled out when you arrive. If you don’t print it out ahead of time, we will provide you with one!
- They will then give you instructions and directions to best enjoy your ride through the park! Stay on this page for fun facts about all the animals along the way and a map of the park!
- Do NOT get out of your vehicle at any time. If we catch you outside of your vehicle, you will be escorted off of the property immediately.
- Stay two-car lengths behind the vehicle in front of you! And please keep moving in a timely fashion. If you notice that a lot of cars are piling behind you, it means that you need to pick up the pace!
- Be prepared for un-warranted animal crossings! But if an animal is causing a road block, you can inch closer to them to encourage them to move. If they’re being super stubborn, give us a call and we can send someone out to help!
- Only feed the animals food you have purchased from the gift shop! Use a flat and open hand to feed majority of the critters.
- Anything that looks like a cow, hold a handful of feed over their nose and they will open up their mouth for you to drop the feed in!
- The only animals you CANNOT FEED are the zebra and bird species. They both bite! For the birds, hold your bucket out to them. For the zebras, throw some food on the ground.
We also ask you to bring PATIENCE with you! When you are out in the pasture, there will be moments that you are stuck waiting for traffic to get moving again. Yes, we do have staff riding around the park to keep things moving – and we’re doing our best to give each customer fair time with the animals. A lot of times, there is nothing we can do about the traffic.
We’d like you to do some simple math here to learn why you may not be moving as quickly as you like: If there are 20 cars in front of you, and they all stop for just ONE minute with an animal… You could be waiting up to TWENTY minutes to get to that same animal. This is no one’s fault; it’s is just how drive-through safari’s work! Please just be kind and courteous to others around you!
Some faces you’ll see along the way…
These animals can be found in large pens before you enter the open range. They are only separated for their protection, or the protection of other animals out on the open range! They are on a special diet, so don’t throw any feed into their enclosure!
Here are some animals you will see in all the pens today! The animals are free roaming, so they may not approach your vehicle in the order this list implies. We just want to do our best to educate you guys on the animals you are seeing!
The Camel Pen
This is your first pen of the day!
The Zebra Pen
Here comes your second pen of the day! Be patient, usually the zebras create a bit of a traffic jam!
The Ostrich Pen
Third pen of your adventure! Watch out for the biggest bird of all!
It is VERY important that you do not get out of your vehicle – these guys can really hurt you if you’re not safe!
The Buffalo Pen
In this pen, you’ll meet one of our fan faves.. the Buffalo! You’ll also get a really good look at our Cabin Area. We have 8 Safari-Style Cabins that we rent out for overnight stays all year long! They are still currently available for over night stays if that is something you are interested in! For more information, visit our Safari Cabins page!
The Camel Pen
This is your second cruise through the Camel Pen… Remember, you’ll see some of the following!
The Last Pen
(The Oryx & Scotties Pen)
We saved one of the best for last… Be prepared to get slobbery!
You’ll exit from the Oryx and Scotties Pen.
We hope that you enjoyed your visit with us. We are truly appreciative of you supporting our small business during this time. Thank you!
We can’t wait to see you again!